Resolve Common PC Errors
Sometimes your system may display an error related to Troubleshooting Dell Laptop Issues. There can be many reasons for this problem.
- Wi-Fi and troubleshooting guides
- Dell Windows Support Center
- Mouse, keyboard or trackpad not working properly
- Computer stops responding or troubleshooting slow speed issues
- Microsoft Windows hangs, freezes, restarts, or shows a blue screen
- Troubleshooting a black and blank laptop LCD screen, i.e. hard to see
- How to enable and disable the wireless antenna on a Dell computer
- Inspiron 15 Driver (5551)
- Using and troubleshooting our proprietary Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central software
- Disable or enable touchpad
- Computer won’t start or video is missing
- Dell PC Diagnostics and SupportAssist Quick Test for PCs and Tablets
- Restore system settings (BIOS) to default.
- Unidentified computer component.
Wireless Networking And Troubleshooting Guides
How do I troubleshoot my laptop?
Check if the laptop is connected.Check if the battery is installed correctly.Try the battery, throw it away so that the laptop or tablet works only on AC power. If it works, you may have a big plus of a faulty battery that needs to be replaced.If you have a battery, use it second.
For important information and wireless network troubleshooting instructions, visit the Dell Wireless and Network Support Center.
Dell Windows Support Center
This link directs your company to the Dell Windows Support Center. Select the operating system you need help with.
Mouse, Keyboard, Or Touchpad Are Not Working Properly
For help troubleshooting your mouse, computer trackpad, or refer to the following Dell Knowledge Base articles.
Back to the top
Computer Stopped Responding ь
- Press and hold the power off switch for less than 15 seconds to shut down the computer.
- Disconnect all external devices including mouse, keyboard and external monitor. Peripherals also include external storage devices such as USB devices, card printers, memories, cards, etc.
- Press the power button to make sure the computer turns on and boots properly. If not, refer to the Dell Knowledge Base research Computer does not turn on or Dell logo screen is probably freezing.< /li>
- Download the SupportAssist installation and. For more information about collection and installation, see supportassist. See the SupportAssist for Capsule PC page.
- Perform scheduled system maintenance on your computer. For more facts and methods, visit the Dell Knowledge Base Microsoft or Windows Troubleshooting Slow Performance.
- Start connecting devices one at a time to see if the computer stops responding.
Microsoft Windows Crashes, Stops, Restarts, InOtherwise, A Blue Screen Appears
This link takes you to the Dell Knowledge Base article Microsoft Windows Crashes or Errors.
Troubleshooting A Black, Blank, Hard To See Laptop LCD Screen
For more information about troubleshooting a laptop LCD screen, see the Dell Knowledge Base article Troubleshooting a black, blank, or hard to see laptop LCD screen.
How To Revert To Enabling And Disabling The Wireless Antenna On A Dell Computer
Press and hold a specific FN key, then press prtscr on that key. If you repeat them, the wireless antenna will turn off again and turn on.
For more information on enabling and disabling the wireless antenna on your Dell computer, refer to the Dell Knowledge Base Enabling and Disabling the Wireless Antenna on a Dell Computer.
Inspiron Driver (5551)
For more information on available drivers, see the Inspiron 20 (5551) Drivers page
Here you will find important information about downloading drivers for Inspiron (5551), 15 How to download and install Dell drivers.
Using And Troubleshooting Your Dell Webcam And Dell Webcam Central Software
For more information about troubleshooting the bis webcam for your computer, see Dell Basics knowledge Using and Troubleshooting Your Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software.
Touchpad Or Activations
To learn how to enable or disable the touchpad, please read the Dell Knowledge Base article Disable or even enable the touchpad.